Monday 7 October 2013

Setting Last Quarter Writing Goals - #ROW80

A Round of Words in 80 Days (#ROW80) is back again for it's fourth round of the year, and I will be taking part for the second time. If you haven't taken part before I can highly recommend giving it a try, it really helped push me through the last few months.

My goals for this round:

  • I have 23 books left to review by the end of the year so will be posting reviews twice a week.
  • With the exception of November, write a minimum of 100 words of new fiction every weekday.
  • Write a check-in post every Sunday, taking my posting schedule to five days a week.
  • Visit the blogs of at least 5 other #ROW80 participants every week.
I also have a bigger goal specific to each month:


  • October - Complete the NaNo Road Map course hosted by the brilliant Jennifer Blanchard.
  • November - Write a minimum of 1,667 words a day to complete 50k in 30 days for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). 
  • December - I will let the novel I write in November rest for a while and get back to some short story writing.
How about you, what are your goals for the final quarter of the year? Are you taking part in #ROW80 or NaNoWriMo (or both)? I'd love to hear from. And remember, if you want to visit others in the #ROW80 blog hop you can use the links below.


8 comments:

  1. Amazing, just amazing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yolanda. I'm an expert procrastinator so I need the sense of accountability that comes with publicly shared goals!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm doing ROW80. NaNoWriMo, and the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Is the NaNo Road Map really that good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the Ultimate Blog Challenge so just looked it up, it sounds great. I did the A to Z Blogging Challenge back in April and it was a great experience (but very hard work). I'm finding the NaNo Road Map really useful so far. It is heavily based on Story Engineering by Larry Brooks and you can probably get most of the information by reading his book (which I have). For me, the true value of the course is having assignments to do and deadlines to meet. I know from past experience that I always end up leaving the planning stage until far too late! Also, knowing that I have paid for the course makes me want to get my money's worth so no shirking off.
      Best of luck with all the challenges you have taken on, you have very busy few months ahead! If you want to connect on the NaNo forums my username is polgara

      Delete
  3. I'll be doing NaNo this year for sure--my user name is Lara Lacombe, so friend me on the forum boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara, that's great, I'll look for you next time I'm on the site, we can spur each other on. My username on there is polgara

      Delete
  4. Great goal breakdown. You look like you have a solid plan as well. Wishing you the best this Round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raelyn, I think I'm going to need it!

      Delete