Wednesday 27 February 2013

Review of Strange Love by Victoria Pearson

I have reviewed this book on behalf of The Masquerade Crew and this will also be appearing on their blog in the near future.


Strange Love: Short Stories and Twisted Tales by Victoria Pearson (@vspearson)


This collection of 10 short stories captures love in it's many forms, and as the title suggests there are a few twists along the way to surprise and delight. The Nature of Loyalty will alter your perceptions of acceptable behaviour within different relationships and The Tall Tower and The Mis-sold Prince bring a new twist to two popular fairytales. My favourite story of the collection has to be Welcome to the Family - A Kitten's Tale, told from the POV of an older cat showing the new addition the ropes, it's both funny and believable, anyone who owns a cat will know what I mean.

Overall I found this to be a very enjoyable and quick read (I finished it in less than two hours). Although the stories are short, the characters are all well-rounded and I became emotionally invested in their tales. No two stories in this collection are the same and all have a very different feel and atmosphere. I would definitely read more from this author. 

I give Strange Love 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment