Tuesday 23 April 2013

T is for Talent

Image courtesy of Mr Lightman / freedigitalphotos.net
Here are a few of my favourite quotes about talent:

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." Erica Jong

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What seperates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." Stephen King

"No one respects a talent that is concealed." Desiderius Erasmus

"Genius is talent set on fire by courage." Henry Van Dyke

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." Calvin Coolidge

"There is no such thing as a great talent without great willpower." Honore de Balzac

"I see the notion of talent as quite irrelevant. I see instead perseverance, application, industry, assiduity, will, will, will, desire, desire, desire." Gordon Lish

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do." Thomas Jefferson

"A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage." Sidney Smith

"It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous." Robert Benchley

Do you have any favourite quotes about talent? Please share in the comments section below, I'd love to hear from you.


4 comments:

  1. Talent is for me a combo of I WANNA DO THIS and I LIKE HOW I FEEL WHEN I DO IT! Like luck it isn't much good on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put Jan, I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I have a quote to contribute, but I do believe that everyone has a talent, the trick is to discover it!

    Cheers from Brandy at http://brandysbustlings.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talent could be compared to the dirt we walk on. It's everywhere... Without a seed, nothing comes of it.

    ReplyDelete