|Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / freedigitalphotos.net|
person depending on your reason for blogging in the first place and how you use it.
This post will list the pros and cons that I have found from blogging since January.
- Knowing that you have a post due helps with discipline.
- Building a sense of community in a sometimes quite isolating job.
- Writing for an audience on a regular basis improves your writing and helps you find your 'voice'.
- Getting feedback on your writing is not only helpful but it also gives you a confidence boost.
- Writing about certain topics, such as Writing in the Midst of Chaos and Turning Spare Minutes into Gems, has helped me with those issues as much as my readers.
- I enjoy it.
- It does take a lot of time, especially when promoting the posts on social media, and in theory I could be spending this time on my fiction writing. (Although, if anything, I write more now than I did before I started the blog.)
As you can see, for me at least, the pros far outweigh the cons. How about you? Do you blog? What are the good and bad points for you?