Sunday 14 July 2013

Sunday Check-In - #ROW80 and Ideas Challenge

#ROW80


I probably picked one of the worst times to start this challenge as my husband goes away next week (he's in the Merchant Navy). Instead of spending more time on my writing I have actually spent less, concentrating on doing things as a family instead. His next trip is set to be a really long one so I have no regrets about this, after all, family should always come first. For that reason I will also be taking tomorrow off and there will be no blog post, but normal service will resume on Wednesday.

That being said, I have managed to complete two flash fiction pieces and have three more worked out and started, so I am confident that I can catch up and stay on target to get 20 done by the end of the month.

Ideas Challenge


In Monday's post I set myself a challenge to notice as many of the ideas that would normally pass us by in everyday life as I possibly could. On the first day this went really well and because I was more conscious of it, I noticed a lot more than I normally would and came up with quite a few new story ideas as well as certain elements, such as places and activities, that I would like to include in other stories.

After that, life kind of got in the way and I went back to noticing only half as much. I am going to continue this though and try to train myself to be more open to, and aware of, my surroundings.

How about you? How did you get on this week? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you. And remember, if you want to visit others in the #ROW80 blog hop you can use the links below.



2 comments:

  1. what a good idea - might have a go myself - certainly agree family comes first especially if one will be away for some time - but despite that you still got great stuff done

    all the best for the coming week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking the time for family will pay off in many, many ways, Alana. Sometimes writing doesn't happen--even during a writing challenge. And yet... writing did happen, just not as much as you thought you should aim for. So don't worry too much; it was only a week--and a special one at that--, and you'll soon be back to a more normal schedule.

    The "Ideas Challenge" sounds a lot like something I've done off and on. I found I couldn't maintain focus like that for a whole day at a time, but I could do so for a set time each day. Maybe that would for for you?

    ReplyDelete